Bolton 01204 565 234 Burnley 01282 575 234

Whether you have taken the decision or your spouse has taken it for you, the ending of a marriage can be a distressing time. Parkview Solicitors aim in all cases of divorce to bring about a successful conclusion to your case with the minimum of distress. We offer a fixed fee service for non-contentious divorces (Divorce by consent) where we only charge £550.00 plus VAT plus disbursements i.e court fees etc, to apply for a divorce on your behalf. You will have a dedicated family lawyer allocated to your case who will fully understand your needs and will be able to provide a personal one to one service to you.

Four stage process for divorce

Apart from any separate financial and/or children issues, which are dealt with outside this process, your divorce will proceed in four specific stages. It should take about 16 to 20 weeks to complete the process, possibly less, depending upon the efficiency of the court handling the case. We will draft all necessary court documents on your behalf.

Stage 1 - up to 4 weeks - We will post the divorce petition to the court with all supporting documentation and relevant court fee. The court will then issue your divorce petition and post a copy to your spouse with various documents, including a form called an Acknowledgement of Service.

Stage 2 – up to 2 weeks - Your spouse (the Respondent) needs to sign and return the Acknowledgement of Service form to the court, confirming that he/she has received the divorce petition and does not intend to defend it. The court will send us a copy of this signed form.

Stage 3 – up to 6 weeks - You (the Petitioner) will need to lodge an application for decree nisi, together with an affidavit in support. Once the paperwork has been approved, the court will fix a hearing date for declaration of the decree nisi of divorce. Neither of you will need to attend this hearing, and the court will post the decree nisi of divorce to us afterwards.

Stage 4 – after 6 weeks - After a minimum of six weeks from the date of the decree nisi, you can apply for the decree nisi to be made absolute. Once the decree absolute of divorce is pronounced, your marriage will be dissolved.

Alternatively if you have been served with a divorce petition we can act on your behalf in all legal proceedings.

Book your initial free consultation with a family lawyer

For legal advice call our team:
Bolton | 01204 565 234
Burnley | 01282 575 234

Email our team

Let us help

For expert advice, complete the form below and we will get in touch with you.

How should we contact you?
Upload supporting documentation

To see how we use your data, please read our Privacy Policy