Bolton 01204 565 234 Burnley 01282 575 234

After you have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time, you may be able to apply for permission to settle here. This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain' (ILR). This sometimes includes cases in which a foreign-National spouse has been abandoned by his or her British spouse, is a victim of domestic violence or the Foreign-National has left the British Citizen because of divorce and is now facing uncertainty regarding their immigration status.

  • What are the specific financial requirements and accommodation criteria for applying for a spouse or partner visa in the UK, and how does Parkview Solicitors assist clients in meeting these requirements?
  • What documentation and evidence are necessary to prove the genuineness of a relationship for a spouse or partner visa application, and how does Parkview Solicitors guide clients in preparing and presenting this documentation effectively?
  • How does Parkview Solicitors provide support and representation in cases where clients face challenges or complications during the spouse or partner visa application process, such as previous visa refusals or complex immigration histories?
  • What is ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and how do I qualify for it?
  • What are the requirements and eligibility criteria for applying for ILR?
  • Can Parkview Solicitors assist me with the ILR application process?
  • How long does it take to obtain ILR, and what is the processing time?
  • What are the benefits of obtaining ILR, and how does it differ from other forms of leave to remain?

For a fixed fee our work will include:

  • Advising you on the relevant requirements, relevant laws and procedures;
  • Advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
  • Considering the contents of such documents and discussing the same with you;
  • Advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application;
  • Help with arranging the Immigration Health Surcharge, if applicable;
  • The completion of the application form;
  • Preparing a cover letter; and
  • Post the documents to the relevant UKVI department.
  • Liaise with the UKVI on your behalf during the decision making process.

The knowledge of language and life requirement for settlement (indefinite leave to remain):

Since 28th October 2013, there are two parts to the knowledge of language and life requirement, both of which must be met by all applicants for settlement unless the individual is exempt. Applicants are now required to:

  • Pass the life in the UK test
  • Speaking and listening qualification in English equivalent to level B1 CEFR or higher.

For legal advice call our team:
Bolton | 01204 565 234
Burnley | 01282 575 234

Email our team

Let us help

For expert advice, complete the form below and we will get in touch with you.

How should we contact you?
Upload supporting documentation

To see how we use your data, please read our Privacy Policy