Bolton 01204 565 234 Burnley 01282 575 234

Parkview Solicitors are specialists in advising and assisting on applications for a Skilled Worker Sponsors licence for businesses. We also advise on issuing COS (Certificate of Sponsorship) for skilled workers and can help prepare a skilled worker visa application for your workers.

You’ll usually need a sponsor licence to employ someone to work for you from outside the UK. This includes citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland who arrived in the UK after 31 December 2020.This includes unpaid work, like running a charity.

Types of licence:

 The licence you need depends on whether the workers you want to fill your jobs are:

  • ‘Workers’ - for skilled or long-term employment
  • ‘Temporary workers’ - for specific types of temporary employment

 You can apply for a licence covering one or both types of worker.

Worker licence

A ‘Worker’ licence will let you sponsor people in different types of skilled employment. The skilled work can be for a short time, long-term or permanent depending on the worker’s visa.

To get a licence as an employer, you cannot have:

  • unspent criminal convictions for immigration offences or certain other crimes, such as fraud or money laundering
  • had a sponsor licence revoked in the last 12 months

You’ll need appropriate systems in place to monitor sponsored employees and people to manage sponsorship in your business.

 Will the higher £38,700 salary threshold for the Skilled Worker visa affect individuals already residing in the UK under that visa?

No, it will not. The Minister for Legal Migration has stated that individuals already in the Skilled Worker route, as well as those who applied before the rule changes, will not be subjected to the new £38,700 salary threshold when they change employment, extend their visa, or settle.

For many positions, individuals cannot be sponsored for a Skilled Worker visa unless they receive a higher 'going rate' salary. The Government has indicated a significant increase in job-specific going rates, up to the median UK salary for that occupation. 

Parkview Solicitors can also advise and assist you if your licence has been refused. You can apply to request a review of your application if you think it was refused because:

  • the caseworker processing your application made a mistake
  • your supporting documents were not considered


  • How can my company obtain a Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence?
  • What are the eligibility criteria for obtaining a Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence?
  • What is the process for applying for a Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence?
  • Can Parkview Solicitors assist my company with the Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence application?
  • What are the responsibilities and obligations of a company holding a Skilled Worker Sponsorship Licence?

Our work will include:

  • Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
  • Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
  • Advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
  • Considering the supporting evidence you have provided and discussing the same with you;
  • Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence 
  • Advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application;
  • Preparing a detailed cover letter and completion of relevant online application form(s)
  • Thereafter we shall also arrange to submit your completed application to the relevant UKVI department on your behalf and uploading all the evidence to the UKVI portal.
  • We shall act as your legal representatives in relation to this application during the decision making process.

 Sponsor license for Nursing and Residential Care Homes

Dependants: Starting from March 11, 2024, Health and Care Visa applicants for care workers (SOC 6145) and senior care workers (SOC 6146) will no longer have the option to bring their dependants to the UK as part of their visa application.

For legal advice call our team:

Bolton | 01204 565 234

Burnley | 01282 575 234


Let us help

For expert advice, complete the form below and we will get in touch with you.

How should we contact you?
Upload supporting documentation

To see how we use your data, please read our Privacy Policy