Bolton 01204 565 234 Burnley 01282 575 234

Leading Immigration Solicitors offering a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.

Unlock your journey to family reunification in the UK with our leading immigration solicitors. We offer a complimentary initial consultation to navigate the complexities of spouse and partner visas. Our expertise covers advising on the Minimum Income Requirement, detailed settlement application preparation, and robust support throughout the decision-making process. From evaluating your eligibility to handling appeals, our dedicated team provides comprehensive guidance, including English Language and Immigration Health Surcharge requirements. Partner with us for tailored advice and a pathway to success in your family migration endeavors.

We can prepare your settlement application and will do all the work until you receive a decision by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) on your application.

  • What are the eligibility requirements for obtaining a spouse or partner visa in the UK, and how can Parkview Solicitors assist in navigating these criteria effectively?
  • What steps are involved in the application process for a spouse or partner visa, and what documentation is necessary to support the application?
  • How does Parkview Solicitors provide support and guidance throughout the duration of the visa application process, including any potential challenges or complications that may arise?

Is it permissible to include both the applicant’s and the sponsor’s income in meeting the £18,600 / £29,000 requirement?

For the initial visa application from outside the UK, only the sponsor’s income can contribute towards meeting the minimum income threshold. However, for visa extensions and applications for permanent residence, both incomes are taken into account. Typically, individuals are required to furnish evidence of earning the specified income for the preceding six months, although the precise regulations can be intricate.

  1. What are the requirements for a UK spouse/partner visa?
  2. How much income do I need for a UK spouse/partner visa?
  3. Can I work in the UK on a spouse/partner visa?
  4. How long does it take to get a UK spouse/partner visa?
  5. What documents do I need for a UK spouse/partner visa application?
  6. Can I switch to a spouse/partner visa from another visa category?
  7. Can unmarried partners apply for a UK visa?
  8. What is the English language requirement for a UK spouse/partner visa?
  9. Can I include my children on my spouse/partner visa application?
  10. How long can I stay in the UK on a spouse/partner visa?

Our work will include:

  • Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
  • Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
  • Advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
  • Considering the supporting evidence you have provided and discussing the same with you;
  • Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as document translations, DNA tests and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
  • Advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application;
  • Preparing a detailed cover letter and the relevant application form(s)
  • Arrange an appointment at the VAC in your home country to enrol your biometrics and to submit your passport. Thereafter we shall also arrange to submit your completed application to the relevant UKVI department on your behalf.
  • We shall act as your legal representatives in relation to this application during the decision making process.

We advise on marriage cases, Settlement for husband or wife in the UK and same sex partners in which a foreign spouse or prospective spouse is seeking entry into the UK to join his/her spouse or civil partner. We also advise on the Surinder Singh route for EEA appliants and their family members. You can contact Us if you are seeking legal help in relation to your application for an extension of a spouse visa or indefinite leave to remain and our immigration solicitors will provide you with a reliable, honest and professional immigration service.

In the event that you have been refused a spouse visa, it may be subject to a legal challenge which can be exercised on appeal to the First-tier Immigration Tribunal. Contact one of our specialist solicitors who can advise you on the prospects of appeal, supporting documentation, filing the appeal and attending the hearing on your behalf, all for a fixed fee on flexible payment terms.

What are the English language requirements for UK visa applications?

Secure English Language Tests that have been assessed as meeting the Home Office’s requirements from 1 August 2014 can be used in a UK immigration application until 5th November 2015, only when they have been taken on or before 5th April 2015. From 6th April 2015 there is a new list of approved Secure English Language Tests and Test Centres.  Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 must take one of the new listed tests at one of the approved centres if they wish to use it in a UK Immigration application, unless you have a certificate that has previously been accepted by the Home Office as part of a successful application.

Immigration Health Surcharge

You may also need to pay a healthcare surcharge called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ as part of your immigration application.

Wife visa refused ? Husband Visa refused ? Marrying Abroad? Please call our Immigration lawyers now on For legal advice.

Immigration Lawyers in Bolton and Burnley.

For legal advice call our team:
Bolton | 01204 565 234
Burnley | 01282 575 234

Email our team

Let us help

For expert advice, complete the form below and we will get in touch with you.

How should we contact you?
Upload supporting documentation

To see how we use your data, please read our Privacy Policy