Bolton 01204 565 234   Burnley 01282 575 234

Surinder Singh Route (SSR)

To be eligible, you must be a national of a country outside the EEA and related to a British citizen as their:

  • spouse or civil partner
  • child or grandchild (or the child or grandchild of their spouse or civil partner) and under 21 years of age or dependent on them
  • parent or grandparent (or of their spouse or civil partner) and dependent on them

You must also be able to show that the British citizen genuinely lived (based their ‘centre of life’) in the EEA country in which you were both resident before returning to the UK.

If you’re the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen you must also have lived with them in another EEA country where they worked or were self-employed before returning to the UK.

Have you been exercising your EEA rights in another EU member state such as Ireland, France, Italy? we can help you with applications for your Non-EU family members to join you should you wish to re-locate to the United KIngdom.

Our work will include;

  • Advising you on the relevant requirements, relevant laws and procedures;
  • Advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
  • Considering the contents of such documents and discussing the same with you;
  • Advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application;
  • Help with arranging the Immigration Health Surcharge, if applicable;
  • The completion of the paper and/or online application form;
  • Preparing a cover letter; and
  • Arrange an appointment at the Visa Application centre in foreign country or post the documents to the relevant UKVI department should that be in the UK.


Call our offices now on Bolton 01204 565234 | Burnley and Nelson 01282 575234

or email us at for more information.

Let us help

For expert advice, complete the form below and we will get in touch with you.

How should we contact you?
Upload supporting documentation

To see how we use your data, please read our Privacy Policy